Monday, January 14, 2013

Diet

As all exercise opportunities seem to have been stopped by the down pouring of snow today, it is a good time to tell you about the diet that goes alongside my exercise regime.

As well as trying to be more active, I had decided it was about time I shifted some of the timber I have been carrying over the past year or so. To do this I have reverted to what was a very successful diet for me a few years ago by becoming a strict vegan. This means I am having no meat, fish, dairy, eggs etc which also means almost no processed foods or fats at all. In 2010/11 i slimmed down from 20st 4lbs to 16st 5lbs by following this diet in alternate months (i.e. one month vegan, one month omnivore).

I am also using a calorie counting app on my smart phone (myfitnesspal) which enables you to log the foods you are eating and shows you a report on a daily, weekly or monthly basis on what elements of nutrition/calorific content you might be missing or over eating and, usefully, connects to other apps I am using to show what calories I have managed to burn whilst walking, running, cycling etc.

So, two weeks into my diet and exercise regime, and my weight this morning was 18st 5.4lbs - a total loss of 9.2lbs since 1st January.



No comments:

Post a Comment